Careers Education is seen as central to the preparation of pupils to take on and enjoy the experiences, opportunities and responsibilities of adult life.
We aim to have a Careers Programme that is tailored to individual pupils. Careers Education at Meole Brace School is provided by the following means:
- A number of topics relating to Careers Education are taught within our timetable to all years.
- Visits to places of employment and speakers from a wide variety of occupations.
- Visits to places of further and higher education and speakers from a wide variety of providers.
- Weekly visits from our Careers Adviser who provides individual guidance and is also available to answer any questions.
- We emphasise the role of parents within the decision making processes and parents are invited to attend Information Evenings.
- Work Experience is available for Year 10 students. Students arrange this themselves with the support of the school.
For more detail, please find attached a copy of our Careers Programme and our Provider Access Policy.
For any further information, please contact Laura Richardson, Careers Leader.